NATURAL HAIR TREATMENTS
Bring your hair or skin back to health! Naturally!
- We recommend that you wash your hair with a residue-free shampoo before your appointment for these services
- You should stop using conditioner or any hair products that leave residue for at least 1 week prior to your treatment
- Residue-free shampoo bars are available in our shop in-store and online. They are 100% natural, glycerine soap bars, handmade in our shop with love! The clay works to absorb oils and remove all prior residues from your hair. Also made with natural essential oils for their enriching properties
Keratin Straightening Treatments Montreal
Tired of fly-away, unmanageable, kinky, out-of-control hair? Want consistently straight hair without the daily damaging routine?
A Keratin Hair Straightening Treatment is an excellent option!
In order to suit all of our clients needs, we offer both the formaldehyde-free PURE Keratin Straightening Treatment.
What is keratin? Why is it important?
- Keratin is an extremely strong protein which is a major component in skin, hair, nails, hooves, horns, and teeth
- Most of the keratin that people interact with is actually dead; hair, skin, and nails are all formed from dead cells which the body sheds as new cells push up from underneath
- If the dead cells are kept in good condition, they will serve as an insulating layer to protect the delicate new keratin below them
- Damage to the external layer of keratin can cause skin, hair, and nails to look unhealthy or flaky
- In general, the thicker the layer of keratin, the healthier the hair or nail is, because the dead cells outside protects the living cells at the core
- Keeping the external layer of keratin moisturized will keep your hair healthy, as well as prevent cracking and splitting
- Recommended for hair that has been damaged by the use of traditional relaxers, blow drying and coloring. as the use of a keratin-based product adds moisture and strength to hair
What is the difference between a traditional relaxer and the Brazilian Keratin Hair treatment?
- Traditional relaxers work by breaking the hair bonds, and permanently changing the molecular structure of the hair. This method of straightening weakens and dehydrates the hair, ultimately causing irreversible damage.
- Once the damage is done, the only options left are either living with the poor results, or cutting the hair.
- The use of a traditional relaxer is strongly discouraged if your hair is color treated, processed, or already in poor condition
- Brazilian Keratin Treatments offer a gentle, commitment-free alternative to anyone that wants to relax their hair, but would like to avoid the destructive results of a traditional straightener
- Keratin treatments will never break the hair bonds- Instead, they will form a protective coating over the hair that will impart a brilliant shine
- Keratin hair treatment is the perfect solution for anyone that wants healthy and manageable hair
- For over 40 years, the manufacturers of PURE Brazilian has been the hair care representation of a total wellness system for multi-cultural and multi-textural hair
- While most Keratin Treatments may cause dryness (due to moisture loss during the treatment process), Our Brazilian Keratin Treatment restores internal moisture to the hair shaft. The hair shaft feels full with an appropriate sheen
- Seals keratin into cuticle, straightens hair and takes away any unwanted frizz
- Leaves your hair shiny, healthy, smooth, and more manageable
- Lasts typically for 3-4 months
- Suitable for ALL hair types
- Works great especially on rough, resistant, virgin, gray, or ethnic hair
- This formula is excellent for clients who desire absolutely straight hair
NATURAL HOT OIL & CONDITIONING TREATMENT / HYDRATING TREATMENT
We offer a professional hot oil & conditioning treatment to restore your hair’s vitality naturally using organic ingredients, without any harsh chemicals!
- Suitable for ALL hair types, textures and conditions, but especially suited for extremely dry and/or damaged hair
- The organic oil treatment is prepared with an assortment of essential oils and proteins especially picked for you, according to the hair type and the condition your hair is in
- This treatment generally lasts up to an hour
Your hair is guaranteed to look and feel healthier!
NATURAL DEEP CLEAN TREATMENT
We offer this service professionally at our salon. This treatment is suitable for new or mature locks. This is the formula for removing excess oils, or anything else unwanted in locks. Except wax! Wax can only be removed by melting out. We do not recommend using wax! Dreadwax removal services also offered.
What we use for our natural deep clean treatment:
- Baking soda
- Apple cider vinegar (also known as ACV)
- Essential/Base oil of your choice (We prefer hemp seed oil or grape seed oil)
- The baking soda is first dissolved in water in a small-medium glass jar.
- Small amounts are poured over the scalp and the scrubbed, focusing attention on areas where there is a build up of oils present.
- The deep clean treatment is left to absorb and soak into the hair for about 20-30 minutes
- The treatment is rinsed out using our gentle, high-quality, specialty soap/shampoo bar that absorbs residue and is made from all natural ingredients without any harsh chemicals (and its also available in store and on our online shop!)
CLAY FACE AND HAIR MASK
Get perfect rejuvenated skin or hair (or both!) in no time with one of our luxurious all-natural clay masks!
For your skin:
- Great for problem skin – especially oily, combination and acne-prone skin
- Assists in smoothing the skin
- Helps dissipate acne and other blemishes as well as any redness of the face
- Our face masks are made with a variety of natural ingredients, especially selected for your skin type
- We also offer an exfoliating service with this mask – ask for more information!
In order to ensure we can make the best mask (customized personally just for you!), a consultation is recommended for this service. Besides the option of coming into the salon for the service, you can also purchase the mask for future use at home if you’re one who prefers to DIY!
For the hair:
- Great for removing excess oils and residues from the hair follicle
- Especially recommended for those suffering from a sore scalp following the creation or maintenance of braids, dreadlocks, and extensions
- Works wonders for naturally dry hair, restoring moisture and shine
- The clay is combined with tea tree oil, eucalyptus, and calming aloe vera to cool and sooth your scalp and treat your hair
- A 1/2 hour invigorating scalp massage is also included with this treatment!